This has replaced mayonnaise as my favourite spread for sandwiches. The chickpeas and tahini are full of protein and minerals. This recipe makes 2 jars and I find it freezes well. This is the basic recipe and can be spiced as you wish. Lovely for a dip with sticks of carrot/celery/cucumber/peppers and toasted pittas.
- 180g cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150ml tahini paste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Whizz nearly all the chickpeas with the other ingredients
- The remaining whole chickpeas can be served on top with a dash of paprika