This is a simple bread that can be used in place of naan or rice with Indian dishes. If you don’t have self-raising flour, add 1tsp baking powder to plain flour.
- 4 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 green chilli, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Mix yoghurt with enough warm water to make 120ml liquid.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Sift flour and some ground black pepper
- Add yoghurt mix to flour with chilli and coriander
- Mix to soft dough
- Knead lightly
- Cut into 4 and roll each to oval shape about .5cm thick
- Heat non-stick flat griddle or frying pan
- Add oil to pan and cook each for 4-5 minutes each side
- Wrap in a tea towel to keep bread warm