Is your concentration much worse than when you were younger? Do you worry about getting Alzheimer’s? Do you find it harder to understand new concepts?
Food can help or hinder brain function. The real baddies to be avoided are:
- Sugar e.g., fizzy drinks, cakes, high-sugar fruits including mangoes
- Artificial sweeteners e.g., aspartame disrupt brain messages
- Trans fats/hydrogenated oils in cakes, margarine, processed foods
- Ready meals/processed foods usually high in sugar, salt, and hydrogenated oils
- Alcohol damages the brain’s nerve cells